- Ethereum celebrated its 8th anniversary with a market capitalization of approximately $227 billion.
- The project was introduced in November 2013 with Vitalik Buterin’s whitepaper, officially announced in January 2014.
- Ethereum achieved $400 billion in secured value, generating annualized profits of $3.6 billion, and 17.8 million blocks of digital assets.
- Ethereum’s decentralized platform empowered developers, leading to the growth of the DeFi ecosystem with projects like lending, borrowing, and yield farming.
- ConsenSys ecosystem projects like MetaMask and Infura played crucial roles in simplifying user interactions and providing scalable Ethereum API access.
- Ethereum embraced NFTs, becoming the home of the largest NFT marketplace, OpenSea, revolutionizing digital art ownership and monetization.
- To address scalability and environmental issues, Ethereum migrated from Proof of Work (PoW) to Proof of Stake (PoS) with the successful launch of Ethereum 2.0 in September.
- Ethereum’s native currency, Ether (ETH), is widely accepted as a payment option by various companies, including Gucci, Balenciaga, Chipotle, and Newegg.